Think of all the items you need to mount a pair of skates ‘the old way’. A scary power tool, screws, nuts, a clamp of some sort, bolt cutter, spanner, wrench, ruler, masking tape, pens. PLUS, YouTube tutorials, nerves of steel, a good hour or two of your valuable time, your best guess where the midline is and a cross of the fingers… Phew! (Or, you could of course take your skates to your local & trusted skate shop for them to mount on your behalf, but this often comes with a wait time and a fee.)
Once it’s drilled down, that’s it, done… But wait, what if you think you’ve mounted it incorrectly? You either have to live with it and persevere OR re-mount… which means extra drill holes through the bottom of your beautiful new boot!
This could all be a thing of the past with Chaya’s revolutionary DCM system.
The DCM system features two sliding nuts placed inside the plate – one under the ball and another one under the heel. The nuts can slide forward and backward in the plate and you also have 3mm movement left to right. This allows you to adjust the position of the plate under your boot exactly as you want, whenever you want! If you fancy trying an offset mount to the inside or moving your plate further forward or back – go for it, as often as you like – find your truly personalised set up!
Chaya plates are mounted through the boot from the inside, where you place two DCM mounting screws and tighten by hand with our DCM mounting tool. There is a recess in the Chaya boots to counter sink the screws which are of course covered and padded so when skating you won’t feel them.
Advantages of the DCM system
- Less hardware and time needed for the assembly
- Plate position can be customised to your individual preference, time and time again
- Easier handling for both skaters and skate shops
- Truly personalise your set up
These technical advantages allow you to personalise your set up and adjust as needed over time, this will both increase your performance and additionally help you to assemble and maintain your plates much more easily.
The DCM mounting of Chaya plates is revolutionary in Roller Derby, but has been a standard in ice speed skating for decades. This is tried and tested technology.
- The DCM system is available on our roller derby collection (Diamond/Pearl/Onyx/Sapphire), our Karma Park skate and ALL of our plate models (Shiva/Ophira/Zena/Shari.)
- Chaya plates still offer standard mounting holes to fit all boots of other brands.
- Chaya boots can be mounted to other branded plates.
- Visit our website for further information